“The word became flesh and blood and moved into the neighborhood.” John 1:14 (The Message)
PROGRAM – Be sure to check out the Videos Page to watch the event!
“Following Jesus’ Footsteps in the Neighborhood”
Part 1: Mixer, Welcome, Music
- Greeting and Mingling – Name tags, Coffee and Cookies.
- Roberto Jara and Dwight Beal – Name Tag Mixer to meet new people in the neighborhood
- Roberto Jara – Welcome – “John 1:14” – Thank you to more than 40 churches, organizations, and many individuals.
- Darryl Pierce – Prayer
- Dwight Beal – Leads singing:
- “Open The Eyes Of My Heart”
- “Tell Me The Stories of Jesus” (Rearranged) – American Sign Language provided by Heidi Koster
Part 2: “Jesus Stories”
- Roberto Introduces 1st Group of Stories. Chosen from 50 of the “Jesus stories” on the website:
- Priscilla Lopez – “From Water to Wine”
- Inhyuk Hwang – “Welcoming Jesus to Holland” Written by Wendell Karsen
- Ellorie Kenyon – “ A Miracle in the Midst of Tragedy”
- Jeannette Brownson – “Love in Any Language”
Part 3: Spoken Word, Stories about Phil Beal
- Denise Kingdom-Grier – “My Story”, Spoken Word
- Jan Lancaster Story about Phil Beal (Read more about Phil on his page here)
- Roberto Jara Thoughts about Phil Beal
Part 4: Art/Story, Scripture Story
- Joel Schoon-Tanis art piece:“Peaceful Kingdom In The Neighborhood”
- Darryl Pierce – “Posturing with Your Neighbor”, John 8: 2-11
Part 5: “Jesus Stories”
- Roberto Introduces 2nd Group of Stories
- Connie Amaya – “Encouraging the Harvest, Grain by Grain”
- Jonathan Brownson & Maggie Hollis – “The Tiny Things” Written by Sharon Arendshorst
- Rhonda Carter – “God Sent Her”
- Raul Garcia – “Trusting in Love”
Part 6: Stories, Art, Dance
- Roberto – history of Boys and Girls Club of Holland from;
- Tom Arendshorst’s story on the website: “Love that Lives on in the Neighborhood”
- Beth Seifert and Boys and Girls Club Students’ story about art piece: “From Black Crows to Vibrant Tulips“
- Brianna Levi-Simpkins
- Lexie Levi-Simpkins
- Analisia Hines
- Emerald Gonzales
- Roberto introduces Escape Ministries, LIFTC, Circle Junkeez
- Lexia Garcia “Surrendered”
- Liturgical Dance/Walking Gallery/BreakDance
Part 7: Photography, Closing, Prayer
- Roberto: – Thank you for coming. Encourage people to connect with others, and to visit the website. Look at the photography displays.
- Dayna Beal – The website will always be live. Please continue to submit stories!
- “Following in Jesus’ Footsteps”
- Lynn Pier-Fitzgerald – Dismiss and Mingle, Closing Prayer.